Reasons Why Foam is Popularly Used in Packaging
Polystyrene foam, or otherwise known as Foam, is frequently used in a number of ways across industries, which includes automotive, foodservice and packaging. The #6 is commonly seen on cups and plates, protective transportation packaging, and even on egg cartons. As a matter of fact, polystyrene foam is usually a sensible choice for many organizations because of their positive life cycle attributes, functionality, and low cost.
Think about this scenario: losing the products you bought online because they have been damaged during the shipment process, it is an absolute nightmare. Foam is commonly used in packaging, especially if you are delivering objects that are easily broken or are fragile to deal with. One way to improve and ensure your packaging is safely delivered, is by using foam when you are placing products inside. Foam offers good protection, as well as advantages to one’s business would eliminate the fear of losing your products during damaged shipments.
Here are a few reasons why foam is commonly used in packaging services today. The first reason is that foam, especially foam made of high-quality, can protect your products. The foam acts as a cushion from bumps and falls with ease. Even the roughest mishaps can be prevented with foam that is specifically designed to the requirements and specifications of your packaging.
First of all, foam provides a layer of protection for your package, foam packaging is the professional element that it adds to your brand. Imagine if a customer unboxes your product and sees it’s safely packed with foam. Foam packaging will increase the impression that someone has for your brand. Foam packaging also allows the customer to establish a stronger sense of trust that you’re taking steps to ship their order safely.
Furthermore, foam packaging is economical and cost efficient. Foam is a material that is lightweight. Foam is considered to be easily produced and personalized, which is much more efficient when it comes to managing on one’s budget as well. By implementing foam in your packaging enables you to have a peace of mind, since you now know that your products have a secure and stable protection to carry them throughout shipment.
There are a number of different types of foam that can be used in packaging, each foam has its own specific uses, here are a few varieties of foam one can consider when using foam for packaging purposes:
1. Polyurethane (PU)
- Extremely versatile in material
- Easily manipulated into many different forms
- This is an open cell,as soft foam is easy to be molded and fit different products
- Due to its soft texture, polyurethane can absorb shock and recover back to its original shape almost immediately
- Polyurethane is often used in egg crates, or as paddings to provide proper protection for your packages
- Great for protective lightweight fragile products
- Has a soft texture and it is resistant to dents and scratches
- Low in odor and resistant to mildew growth
- Good for shipping foods or products that are sensitive to moisture
- Often produced in a variety of colors and densities
2. Polyethylene (PE)
- Compared to Polyurethane, Polyethylene has a much denser foam.
- Best suited for packaging high sensitivity products
- Highly resistant to damage and moisture
- Suitable for packaging items that require special care
- Dampens vibrations
- Functions as an insulator
- Very flexible in material
- Offers protection from common mishaps
- Can be personalized into different sizes and colors
- Most suitable for packaging electronic products, ranging from computers to automotive parts
- Eliminates and absorbs electrical charges, vibrations and electro-shock static that protects
- Offers superior cushioning to its packaged products
- It protects electrical instruments outside of the packaging and any individuals from being shocked who may come in contact with your product while the product is being transported
4. Convoluted Foam
- Protects product from impacts and dampens vibrations
- This ensures that your product is well-handled during shipping procedures
- Durable and reusable
In conclusion, foam has many advantages when it is used in packaging. Foam ensures the safety of your delivered product as well as protecting the product from being damaged during mid-shipment. It is important for everyone to ensure that their package is securely protected by foam. By choosing the suitable foam for packaging, this enables you to double-secure your product from being harmed. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]